Smashed Potatoes with Lots of Herbs and Scallion Yogurt
Active Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 35 minutes | Serves 4 to 6 | Vegan | Gluten Free
- 1½ pounds small new potatoes
- 1 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 scallions, chopped
- ½ teaspoon flaky sea salt or kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Put the potatoes in a medium saucepan and fill with cold water about 1 inch from the top. Place over high heat and let come to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium so the potatoes simmer gently. Simmer until very tender, 18 to 20 minutes. Drain into a colander.
In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, lemon juice, and ¼ teaspoon of the salt (if using sour cream, omit the lemon juice and salt). Chop the scallions and stir them in. Spread the yogurt mixture over serving plate.
Chop the parsley and cilantro.
Using the back of a metal spatula or small plate, one at a time, gently smash the warm potatoes. Place on top of the yogurt mixture. Drizzle with the potatoes with oil and season with the pepper and the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt. Sprinkle with the parsley and cilantro.
This recipe was printed from: