Salad with Crispy Prosciutto and Fresh Mozzarella
Active Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 15 minutes | Serves Serves 4 | Gluten Free
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced prosciutto
- 8 cups salad greens (we used a mix of arugula, radicchio and frisee)
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Heat the oven (with the oven rack in the middle) to 400°F. Place the prosciutto in a single layer on a sheet pan. Bake until crisp, 10 to 15 minutes (depending on the thickness of your prosciutto).
Meanwhile, wash and spin dry your greens and put into a large serving bowl. Slice the mozzarella into bite-size pieces and place on top of the greens. Drizzle with the oil and balsamic and sprinkle with the salt and pepper (about 12 turns on pepper mill). Scatter the prosciutto chips over the salad and serve.
This recipe was printed from: