One Minute Stir-Fry with Harissa & Yogurt
Active Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 50 minutes | Serves 2 | Gluten Free
- ½ cup brown rice
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into 2-inch long thin strips
- 2 ribs celery, thinly sliced
- ½ of an English cucumber, thinly sliced into half moons
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- ½ head of radicchio
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon harissa seasoning or chili powder
In a small saucepan combine the rice with ¾ cup water over medium high heat and bring to a boil. Cover tightly and reduce the heat to low. Simmer until the rice is tender and the water is absorbed, about 40 minutes. Remove from the heat, fluff with a fork, and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes more.
Slice the bell pepper, celery, cucumber, and scallions and add to a large bowl. Cut the radicchio half in half, then slice into ¼-inch thick shreds and add to the bowl. Add the ginger and cilantro and toss everything together.
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the vegetables and cook, stirring, until just wilted but still crisp, about 1 minute. Season with salt.
Dividing evenly, spread a thin layer of yogurt over the interior of 2 bowls. Sprinkle with the harissa then add the rice. Top with the vegetables and serve.
This recipe was printed from: