New Potatoes with Smoked Paprika & Lots of Herbs
Active Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes | Serves 4 to 6 | Vegan | Gluten Free
- 1½ pounds small new potatoes
- 3 to 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon flaky sea salt or kosher salt, plus more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Put the potatoes in a medium saucepan and fill with cold water about 1 inch from the top. Place over high heat and let come to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium so the potatoes simmer gently. Simmer until very tender, 18 to 20 minutes. Drain into a colander.
Using the back of a metal spatula or small plate, one at a time, gently smash the potatoes and place on a large platter. Drizzle with the oil (however much you like) and season with the paprika, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle with the parsley and cilantro. Taste for salt, you may want to add a little more.
This recipe was printed from: