Active Time: 5 minutes | Total Time: 5 minutes | Serves 1
- For the minty simple syrup:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup water
- 2 sprigs fresh mint
- ½ teaspoon grated lime zest
- For the mojito:
- 2 ounces (4 tablespoons) white rum
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) fresh lime juice
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) simple syrup
- 1½ cups ice, plus more if necessary
- 5 mint leaves
For the minty simple syrup, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, water and mint sprigs over medium-high heat. Let come to a boil and simmer 30 seconds, or until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and grate in the lime zest. Let cool.
For the mojito, in a blender, combine the rum, lime juice, simple syrup, ice, and mint leaves. Puree until it’s a slushie consistency. Add a little more ice if it’s too thin.
This recipe was printed from: