Grilled Rosemary & Thyme Chicken
Active Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 45 minutes (plus marinating time) | Serves 4 | Gluten Free
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary (about 6 sprigs)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme (about 12 sprigs)
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4-pound chicken, cut up into 8 pieces
In a large glass bowl or ziptop bag, combine the rosemary, thyme, garlic, oil, lemon zest, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the chicken and toss to coat evenly. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or over night.
Heat the grill to medium heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade; discard the marinade. Place the chicken on the grill, skin-side up at first. Grill the chicken, turning occasionally, until it is cooked through and the skin is golden brown and crisp, about 35 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.
This recipe was printed from: