Grilled Halloumi Greek Salad
Active Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 15 minutes | Serves 4 | Gluten Free
- 1 cucumber, cut into half moons
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ of a small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cups wild arugula
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for the cheese and grill
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano or ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 ounces halloumi cheese
Heat the grill to medium-high.
Cut the cucumber lengthwise in half, then slice it into half moons. Slice the tomatoes in half. Thinly slice the onion. Divide the arugula, cucumber, tomatoes, and onion among bowls.
In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, honey, salt, pepper, and oil. Stir in the oregano.
Slice the halloumi into ½-inch thick slices. Brush lightly with oil.
Pour a little oil on a paper towel or spray it nonstick vegetable cooking spray, then wipe onto the grill grates. Grill the halloumi until grill marks form, about 30 seconds per side (use a metal spatula to flip).
Place the halloumi on each salad and drizzle with the vinaigrette.
This recipe was printed from: