Ginger-Lemon Broth with Rice Noodles
Active Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 15 minutes | Serves 4 | Vegan | Gluten Free
- 4 ounces shitake mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger (about a 2-inch knob)
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 2 scallions (white and light green parts)
- 8 cups rich vegetable broth or chicken broth (homemade is best)
- 4 ounces thin rice noodles
Pull the stems from the mushroom caps. Wipe away any dirt from the caps with a damp paper towel, then thinly slice the caps. Discard the stems.
Grate the ginger. Juice the lemons. Thinly slice the scallions.
In a large saucepan, heat the broth over medium-high heat. Add the ginger and mushrooms and let come to a boil. Add the rice noodles and cook until tender, 2 to 4 minutes. Measure and stir in the lemon juice.
Divide the noodles and broth among bowls and top with scallions.
This recipe was printed from: