Cod with Tomatoes, Pine Nuts & Raisins
Active Time: 25 minutes | Total Time: 25 minutes | Serves Serves 4 | Gluten Free
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 28-ounce can whole tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dry white wine, such as pinot grigio
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) pieces cod fillet (about 1-inch thick)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
Slice the onion into thin half moons. Chop the garlic. Open your can of tomatoes.
Set a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat on to medium-high. Add the oil and heat until it shimmers (about 1 minute). Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, until softened, 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in the raisins. Add the wine and let it cook until it’s just about evaporated, 1 to 2 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, salt, black pepper (about 12 turns on pepper mill), and red pepper. Use your wooden spoon to break up the tomatoes while everything cooks together for about 5 minutes.
Nestle the fish in the sauce, lower the heat to medium-low so the sauce gently simmers and cooks the fish until it is opaque throughout and flakes easily, 8 to 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, put the pine nuts into a small skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring or shaking the skillet often, until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Chop the parsley.
Serve the fish sprinkled with the parsley and pine nuts.
This recipe was printed from: