Coconut Milk Smashed Root Vegetables
Active Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 25 minutes | Serves 6 | Vegan | Gluten Free
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 ounces parsnips, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 8 ounces carrots, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 4 ounces rutabaga or turnip, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1¼ teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 chives, snipped
Add the sweet potatoes, parsnips, carrots, and rutabaga to a large pot and fill with cold water to cover by 1 inch. Place over high heat and let come to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until the vegetables are very tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Drain.
Meanwhile, heat the coconut and ginger in a small saucepan over medium heat. Once hot, turn off the heat and let steep.
Return the vegetables to the pot and mash with a potato masher. Use tongs to discard the ginger then pour in the coconut milk and add the salt. Mash together. Serve topped with the chives.
This recipe was printed from: