Active Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 20 minutes | Serves 2 | Gluten Free
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 head butter lettuce, halved
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ of an avocado, diced
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 roasted or poached chicken breast (store-bought rotisserie works great here)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 fresh chives
In a medium skillet cook the bacon in a single layer over medium heat, turning occasionally, 6 to 8 minutes, until crisp. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
To hard boil the eggs, place them in a small saucepan and cover with cold water by 2 inches. Turn the heat on to medium-high and let come to a boil. Remove from the heat, tightly cover, and let stand for 12 minutes. Then submerge the eggs into ice water to cool. Peel then cut into small pieces.
Place the lettuce halves on two plates. Dividing evenly, top with the tomatoes, avocado, and cheese. Slice the chicken and add to the plate.
In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, salt, and pepper. Drizzle over the salads. Use scissors to snip the chives into small pieces over the tops.
This recipe was printed from: