Chickpea Pasta with Pine Nuts and Parsley
Active Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 20 minutes | Serves 2 to 4 | Gluten Free
- 8 ounces chickpea pasta, such as fusilli or penne
- 2 large shallots
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Grated Parmesan, for serving
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
Chop the shallots and garlic.
In a medium skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook for 2 minutes. Add the pine nuts and salt and cook, stirring often, for about 5 minutes, or until the pine nuts start to brown. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Stir in the parsley and lemon zest and remove from the heat.
Drain the pasta and return it to the pot. Add the shallot mixture, black pepper, and red pepper flakes and stir to combine.
Divide among bowls and top with Parmesan.
This recipe was printed from: