Active Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes | Serves 6
- Unsalted butter, for the baking dish
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, plus more for the baking dish
- 3 cups fresh cherries, pitted; halved if large
- 1¼ cups whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup almond meal/flour
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- confectioners sugar, for dusting
Preheat the oven (with the oven rack in the middle) to 350°F. Butter a 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle a little granulated sugar in the dish and shake to coat the bottom and up the sides. Arrange the cherries in a single layer over the bottom of the dish.
In a blender, combine the milk, eggs, ½ cup of the granulated sugar, vanilla, flour, almond meal, and salt. Blend for 1 minute. Skim off the foam. Pour the mixture over the berries and sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar. Bake 50 to 55 minutes, until puffed and a paring knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Dust with confectioners sugar and serve warm.
This recipe was printed from: