Cacio e Pepe
Active Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 20 minutes | Serves Serves 4 | Watch Video
- 1 to 2 teaspoons black peppercorns, cracked
- 1 cup (4 ounces) grated Pecorino
- 1 cup (4 ounces) grated Parmesan
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 pound whole-wheat spaghetti
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile, crack the peppercorns using the back of a small skillet until all of the round peppercorns are cracked. In a large bowl, use a silicone spatula to combine the Pecorino, Parmesan, butter and pepper.
When the water comes to a boil, add the salt and pasta and cook according to package directions. Once the pasta is al dente, reserve ½ cup of the pasta water, and drain the pasta. Add the pasta and ¼ cup of the pasta water to the bowl and stir to combine, adding more water, if necessary, for desired consistency.
This recipe was printed from: