Cabbage Bowls with Cashew-Coconut Dressing
Active Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 15 minutes | Serves 4 | Vegan | Gluten Free
- For the salad
- 3 ounces thin rice noodles (vermicelli)
- 4 leaves Savoy cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into 1-inch long strips
- ½ cup hothouse cucumber, sliced into half moons
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 8 sprigs cilantro
- For the dressing
- ¼ cup cashew butter or peanut butter
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
To make the salad, put the noodles in a medium bowl and cover with boiling water. Let stand 4 to 5 minutes, until tender. Drain, run under cold water, and shake out excess water.
Dividing evenly, fill the cabbage leaves with the noodles, bell pepper, cucumber, carrot, scallions, and cilantro sprigs.
To make the dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together the cashew butter, coconut milk, lime juice, Sriracha, and salt. Spoon over the salads. Pick up and eat like a taco or a wrap.
This recipe was printed from: