Baked Goat Cheese
Active Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 10 minutes | Serves Serves 4
- 1/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 4-ounce log fresh goat cheese
- for serving salad greens, extra virgin olive oil, your favorite vinegar, kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper
Heat the oven (with the oven rack in the middle) to 375°.
On a small sheet pan, combine the breadcrumbs, salt, pepper (about 6 turns on pepper mill), and the oil. Spread the crumbs out on the pan and bake until light golden brown and crispy, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Cut the goat cheese log into 4 rounds. Using your fingers, gently flatten the rounds so they are about 1/2-inch thick. Brush each round (including sides) with a little more of the oil. Dip into the baked breadcrumbs to coat completely, gently pressing to help them adhere. Place back on the sheet pan. Bake until just soft to the touch (it should still keep its shape), 6 to 7 minutes.
Serve over salad greens drizzled with oil and vinegar. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
This recipe was printed from:
Do it Step-by-step