Pickled Vegetables for People Who Think They Would Never Pickle Vegetables
Active Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 15 minutes | Serves 4 | Vegan | Gluten Free
- 2 cups white wine vinegar
- 2 cups water
- ½ teaspoon whole coriander seeds
- ½ teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1½ teaspoons fine sea salt or 1¾ teaspoons kosher salt
- 4 cups cut, crisp raw vegetables, such as a mix of red bell pepper, carrots, cauliflower, green beans, jalapeño
- 3 sprigs fresh dill (optional)
In a medium saucepan, combine the vinegar, water, coriander, peppercorns, bay leaf, sugar, and salt over medium-high heat. Let come to a boil then lower the heat to medium and simmer for 3 minutes.
Cut the bell pepper and carrots into uniform size strips/sticks. Break the cauliflower into small florets. Snap off the stem ends of the green beans. Slice the jalapeño into rings. Put the vegetables into a medium glass bowl. Add the dill to the vegetables.
Pour the hot brine mixture over the vegetables (the vegetables should be submerged). Let cool to room temperature. Serve immediately or store the vegetables and brine in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
This recipe was printed from: